Sleep is a state in which your body and mind take a break or rest from daily activities. For a healthy existence, a minimum of 7-8 hours of adequate sleep is advised. However, there are conditions that alter the way you sleep, and these are known as sleep disorders. Sleep disorders are described as factors that disturb the natural sleep cycle and have an impact on your overall quality of life, including your physical and mental health. Difficulty falling asleep at night, tiredness during the day, irregular breathing or increased activity during sleep, and inconsistent sleep patterns are all common signs of sleep disorders.
Tips to improve sleeping patterns:
Although there are different treatments for different types of sleep disorders, you should always consider talking to a sleep disorder expert/counsellor to see if the disorder can be treated without the use of any medication. Below are some tips to improve sleeping patterns:
• Avoid consuming substances that keep you awake like caffeine and alcohol etc.
• Taking a warm water bath before sleeping helps in inducing sleep.
• Eat a light meal in the evening.
• Go to bed at the same time and wake up at the same time every day.
• Early morning exercising will help you fall asleep early in the night.
• Meditation before sleeping can help you with an improved sleep pattern.
• Your bedroom temperature should be balanced for a better sleep quality.
• Try to avoid long daytime naps.
MetroMedi Relief can help you find a sleep disorder counsellor. We make it a little easier for you to find the right therapist for you. You can reach out to our skilled online behavioral counsellors with a simple click from the comfort of your own home, or you can call, email, or chat with them. You can also seek counselling via the internet.
How it works
• Athletic Achievement
• Steadier Blood Sugar
• Sharper Brain
• Mood Boost
• Healthier Heart